(Nuzloke) Picking up the Pieces

Well, I finally found it in me to continue the Pokémon run. I headed back to Pewter City where I sat for a while, struggling with myself before finally releasing Bulbasaur.
I could've just stuck him in a PC box for all eternity, and let him stay there. Or SOMETHING. Just because I couldn't bear to release him. But, that wouldn't be in the spirit of the Nuzloke Challenge. This challenge is as much about strength of character as it is about making Pokémon more difficult.

RIP Bulbasaur. Lv5-14. Pallet Town-Route 3.

I pressed on through Route 3. Fortunately I'd managed to already clear out all the other trainers before the patch of grass.
So I into the grass I went, intent on catching another critter, hopefully one that is not a Rattata.
True enough, I snagged myself a Spearow. Not sure how I feel about that, after losing Bulbasaur I have now developed something of a prejudice against all Spearow. And Youngsters. And people who approach me to talk about shorts.
But for the sake of the run, I shall consort with the enemy.
My Spearow, after a long time spent pondering over nicknames, came to be named Zazu.

Then I made another mistake.
I decided to take on that one Lass in the tall grass on Route 3, with the Jigglypuff.
I remembered that it used to be an annoying fight, because Jigglypuff can sing my critters to sleep, but how bad can one Jigglypuff be, right?
It was level 14.
Long story short, I lost Vermin. Once I realised how much damage Jiggly was doing with Pound, I immediately switched to the Pokémon I care about least. Sadly, I wasn't paying attention when Vermin was put to sleep, and then he was knocked out. Victory was mine, however.

RIP Vermin (Rattata). Lv3-10. Route 2-Route 3.

So, now I'm in the Pokémon Centre immediately before Mt Moon. Time to release Vermin, heal up, pick my ass off the floor and move on.

I intend to buy the Magikarp for sale here, too. Could come in handy. I need more Pokémon in general, especially anything that isn't normal-type, and if I start training now I could easily have a Gyarados by the time I reach Vermilion.

Onward!

Party:
Jay Lenno (Rattata)
Ratty (Rattata)
Tyrion (Butterfree)
Zazu (Spearow)

List of the Slain:
Bulbasaur. Lv5-14. Pallet Town-Route 3.
Vermin (Rattata). Lv3-10. Route 2-Route 3.

EDIT: New additions of Stormtide (Magikarp) Lv5 and Karn (Geodude) Lv8. From the obvious locations of Mt Moon and the Pokémon Cente outside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment