(Nuzloke) Preparations...

Mt. Moon. The first *real* challenge of the Pokémon games.
Ahead lies a gauntlet of trainers and wild Pokémon. While any one or two are easy enough, the number of them is what used to wear me down.

So in preparation I've been doing a combination of training against wild Pokémon, and turtling through by fighting one or two trainers at a time before retreating to heal up at the Pokémon Centre outside.

I bought the Magikarp from the old man and named it Stormtide. Then, the first thing I encountered in Mt. Moon was a Geodude, who is now mine, and is named Karn. (These are both MTG-themed names.) I can see Karn carrying me quite a way.

But as luck would have it, no sooner had I entered Mt. Moon as I'd had an unfortunate trainer battle (the Lass with a Lv14 Clefary) in which I lost Zazu. That was pretty short-lived.

RIP Zazu (Spearow) Lv7. Route 3-Mt. Moon.

Still, my levelling goes well. Though I swear I got my entire team to Lv11, they appear not to be- must've forgotten to save at some point. Gah.
At any rate, my main plan is to keep putting Stormtide out first so that he can gain enough EXP to eventually become non-worthless, and switching out for one of my Rattata Team. Training Karn is low-priority as I don't mean for him to see any action in the second gym, for obvious reasons. For Misty, I hope to be able to catch a grass-type above Nugget Bridge, or failing that rely on my Rattatas, plus Tyrion and (evolution permitting) Stormtide to win the day.

First, though, I actually need to get through this damn mountain.

Party:
Jay Lenno (Rattata)
Ratty (Rattata)
Tyrion (Butterfree)
Stormtide (Magikarp)
Karn (Geodude)


List of the Slain:
Bulbasaur. Lv5-14. Pallet Town-Route 3.
Vermin (Rattata). Lv3-10. Route 2-Route 3.
Zazu (Spearow). Lv7. Route 3-Mt. Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment